Sunday, September 20, 2009

This isn't MY bucket list it's just a bucket of shit

Note: This is the first post for my new blog. Old blog posts have been imported to this site and are denoted as Re-Post

In November 2006, I started a blog about being a southerner living in the far north on the shores of Lake Superior. Since that time, I have:
  • Moved to Fresno, California
  • Discovered my husband was dating
  • was sexually harassed and subsequently fired
  • got a divorce
  • received joint custody of my only child
  • earned elite status on an airline
  • spent 2 days in a mental ward
  • moved to Mississippi
  • worked for a suck-ass not for profit
  • had all of my worldly belongings stolen during the move from California
  • lost luggage on flights that has never been recovered
  • had job offers in Oklahoma and Buffalo
  • worked at a horse race track
  • moved to Baton Rouge
  • testified as a federal witness against my boss who fired me
  • read that he was arrested
  • became the primary caretaker for my physically and mentally ill father
  • fell in love with an amazing wonderful man
  • got a weimaraner
  • eulogized and buried my 26 year old brother
  • decided I don't want to be an LSU fan any longer
  • gained, lost and gained again around my waist
  • moved to Jackson so my wonderful man could attend law school
  • got a Mexican chihuahua
Somewhere along the way I lost my blog password and address and really, my desire to blog. Hopefully I have finished my travel through the belly of the whale and will float on peaceful waters for the next three years. Peace and stability sound so wonderful that I am going to dare to write again. After all, I have some pretty good material, wouldn't you agree. Plus it has to be a lot less painful to exorcise these demons through words than the years of electroshock other's may recommend.

Gentle reader at least at sometime I hope someone will read me again. Fasten your shoulder straps and put on your hazmat suit because it will be one crazy toxic ride.

The Jingled Belle is finding peace in Jackson.

No comments:

Post a Comment